Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Silver Lake Master Association Board of Directors have been consulting with HOA attorneys to ensure the business of the Association continues. As you all know, the Silver Lake Master Association Annual Membership Meeting is held each Fall. Pursuant to the Non-Profit Act, Executive Orders, and the Emergency Action Resolution adopted by the Board; the Board will hold the Annual Meeting via USPS mail to ensure residents’ safety and to meet all requirements listed in North Carolina Executive Orders.
Click HERE to view:
- Details on how the 2020 Annual Meeting will be conducted via USPS mail
- 2019 Draft Annual Meeting Minutes
- Association report
- 2021 approved budget
- Open forum question form (must be submitted by November 17th)
OPEN DIRECTOR POSITIONS
Because there is no in-person Annual Meeting this year, the Master Association Board Election process will also be held via USPS mail. There are 2 available positions this year. If you would like to serve on the Board and have your name placed on the ballot, please email Jessica MacDonald at Jessica@omegamgmt.com by November 10, 2020. You must include a short bio of your qualifications and the reason you would like to serve on the board. Once the nomination deadline is reached, residents will receive an official Ballot via USPS listing all nominees along with a deadline for voting.
Once the voting deadline is reached, all votes will be counted, and the community will receive a final notification via email including the Board Election Results, answers to any “Open Forum” questions, and the final 2019 Annual Meeting Minutes.
Download PDF version of this update
We are now about 2/3 of the way through our pool season and have been carefully monitoring both use of the pool and compliance with the special rules we have made during the pandemic. There have been a couple of changes made to the rules and guidelines we want residents to be aware of:
Change to Guest Policy: In the beginning of the season, a “no guest” policy was adopted; anyone who is not a full-time permanent resident of a home in the neighborhood is considered a guest. Based on the usage counts for the pool we have now amended the guest policy to allow up to 3 guests on weekdays (Monday through Friday). Guests are still not allowed on weekends. We ask that residents register for guest bands (which are black) for guests they would like to bring to the pool. Residents should continue to wear their red wristbands whenever they are in the cabana or pool.
Change to Monitors: Beginning Monday, August 17th, we will operate with self-registration and sign-in on weekdays; there will continue to be a full-time monitor on-site on weekends. Please follow these guidelines on weekdays:
- If you are visiting the pool for the first time, we ask that you read the pool rules and guidelines which you will find on the sign-in table, then fill in the registration form with your name and phone number. We also ask that you sign the registration form to acknowledge that you understand and accept the pool rules. Someone from the pool committee will call within 2-3 days to arrange to deliver your pool wristbands directly to you. After registering, please also sign in for your visit on the separate sign in sheet. We are monitoring pool use, so we also ask that you sign out when you leave.
- If you are already registered, please sign in on the sign in sheet. We are monitoring pool use, so we also ask that you sign out when you leave. If you are bringing new guests, please note that on the registration form so we know to provide you your guest wristbands.
Please note that on weekdays we will be sanitizing high touch areas at the pool opening (10 AM) and pool closing (8 PM) only. You will be responsible for making sure you use the provided sanitation station for any additional treatment you wish of high touch areas. Except as noted above, the pool rules and guidelines for occupancy and use remain in force. ALL USE OF THE POOL AND CABANA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NEW CONTACT OPTION: If you have questions or need further direction regarding the pool, please reach out to the Silver Lake Pool Committee at SilverLakePoolCommittee@gmail.com
Pool Closing Date: The final day the pool will be open in 2020 is Sunday, September 13th.
The Silver Lake Community has had a great pool season so far this year and we appreciate all our residents who have made it successful.
PLEASE READ BEFORE VISITING POOL
Click here to download PDF version.
- All persons who are present within the jurisdiction of the City of Raleigh are required to wear a clean face-covering any time they are, or will be, in contact with other people who are not household members in public or private spaces where it is not possible to maintain social distance or where recommended social distancing practices are not being followed. Noted exceptions are:
- It is not required to wear face coverings during individual exercise outdoors, or while walking or exercising with other people from the same household, as long as social distance from others is maintained.
- In settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, including when obtaining or rendering goods or services, such as the receipt of dental services or while swimming.
- Lost wristbands will be replaced at a cost of $10 per wristband – the cost will be added to your Master Association account
The Silver Lake Pool will be open beginning Thursday, June 18th. Our current plan is to keep the pool open through Sunday, September 13th, 2020, but there may be scheduling changes required by our experience with pool usage, determination of need for (and funding for) the pool monitor and/or any additional Executive Orders from the Governor or directives from the NCDHHS.
The following rules will be in effect in addition to the regular pool rules. These may be subject to change according to guidance as noted above. The Silver Lake Masters HOA Board also may choose to close the pool if rules and guidelines are not being followed.
- Residents only will be allowed into the pool and cabana area – no guests for the time being due to the need to limit occupancy numbers.
- If you, or anyone in your household is currently showing any signs of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 14 days previously, you may not use the pool. Additionally, if you have been in contact with someone showing any signs of COVID-19 or diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 14 days previously, you may not use the pool.
- Homeowners will be asked to show proof of residency, either with a Driver License or received mail such as a utility bill and to acknowledge they have read and understand the rules on their first visit to the pool. They will then be given wristbands which should be worn anytime they are using the pool or cabana.
- The operating hours for the pool will be (until further notice) daily from 10 AM to 8 PM. The pool may close for an hour once or twice a day to clean and sanitize. Cabana hours will be the same as the pool.
- There will be a limit of 2 hours of pool use if there are other residents waiting to access the pool.
- A pool monitor will be on duty to monitor access and perform additional sanitizing of pool and cabana areas as much as possible.
- The number of people allowed in the pool, on the pool deck and utilizing the cabana will be limited according to the state guidelines; those maximums will be:
- There should be no more than 2 people utilizing the bathrooms at a time.
- We request, and highly recommend, that residents wear masks when not in the pool.
- Please maintain the recommended 6 feet of distance from others not in your household.
- Furniture should be sanitized before and after use. Please do not move the pool furniture.
- All “Lost and Found” items will be discarded at the end of the day.
- Do not share items such as food, drinks or pool toys with non-household members.
- One grill will remain available for use in the cabana area during the open hours; we ask that residents who wish to use the grill bring their own utensils and sanitize the surfaces after using. Use of the grill will be at your own risk as well.
- While the Silver Lake Masters HOA board is committed to taking steps to make the pool as safe as possible, some responsibility also lies with the residents of the community; users are responsible for wiping down surfaces, social distancing within the facility as publicly recommended or required, and using personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) in accordance with CDC requirements, or requirements of State of North Carolina, Wake County or the City of Raleigh. Even with enhanced cleaning and monitoring practices, use of the pool is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you have further questions or comments, please contact Jessica
or Tom at Omega Management, and they will forward to the board. We thank all
our residents for doing their part to make the cabana and pool – and all our
neighborhood – a safe shared experience. THANK YOU!
The Annual Meeting for the Silver Lake Master Association and the Silver Lake Bluffs Association will be on Tuesday, November 12th at the Omega Assoc. Mgmt. Office, 160 NE Maynard Road, Suite 210, Cary NC, 27513.
Silver Lake Bluffs Association – 6:00 PM
Silver Lake Master Association – 7:00 PM
If you are an owner in the community and did not receive the notice with the agenda, minutes, proxy, and proposed budget in the mail, please contact Omega Management to verify your information is correct. 919-461-0102.
Notice of Annual Meeting PDFs:
The Silver Lake Master and Silver Lake Bluffs Annual Meeting will be Tuesday, November 12th at the Omega Association Management offices.
160 NE Maynard Rd #210, Cary, NC 27513
6:00 PM – Silver Lake Bluff HOA
7:00 PM – Silver Lake Master HOA
Both the Silver Lake Bluffs and the Silver Lake Master Annual Meetings will occur on November 3rd. The Bluffs meeting will start first at 6:00pm, followed by the Master meeting at 7:00pm.
The meetings will be held at the Omega Management office location below:
160 NE Maynard Road
Cary, NC 27513
In addition to news and budget approvals, multiple positions on each Board are up for election/nomination.
Please do plan to attend!
Both the Silver Lake Bluffs and the Silver Lake Master Annual Meetings will occur on December 14, 2015. The Bluffs meeting will start first at 6pm, followed by the Master meeting at 7:30pm.
Please note the location has changed! The meetings will be held at the new Omega Management office location below:
160 NE Maynard Road
Cary, NC 27513
In addition to news and budget approvals, multiple positions on each Board are up for election/nomination. Please do plan to attend!
The Silver Lake Master Homeowners’ Association, Inc. will hold their Annual Meeting on Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 6:30 pm at the Holiday Inn & Suites Ballroom, 5360 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27511. (The Holiday Inn is near Crossroads, and a return to where our meetings have been held prior to 2013.) The purpose of the meeting is to elect two (2) members to the Board of Directors, report on the status of the association, and to review the 2015 budget.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, please fill out the proxy form at the bottom of your notice, give it to a neighbor whom you know is planning to attend, or you can mail or fax it to Omega Association Management, Inc. at 1010 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh, NC 27606, FAX: 919-461-0106.
Light food will be served from 6:00 to 6:30, followed by the meeting.
We hope to see you there!
Minutes from the April 14, 2014 “Ad Hoc” Master Board Meeting can be viewed here: AdHocMinutesApril2014
Please visit the “HOA Members” page for an updated Board Members list, including new tenures, following the 2014 Annual Meetings.