Weekend Pool Attendants. Triangle Aquatics, who services the Silver Lake Bluffs pool, is looking for weekend attendants at our pool for the remainder of the 2021 season. Currently, the last day for our pool to remain open is Sunday September 19th, but that may be extended weather permitting. Many of their attendants have returned to college & they are trying to fill those positions. Our attendants work 4 hr shifts(11AM-3PM & 3PM-7PM) on Saturdays, Sundays, & holidays. The pay is $15.00/ hr. Applications can be accepted online at triangleaquatics.com. Please feel free to email Reno Fuhrman, Pool Committee Chair w/ any questions – email@example.com
The Silver Lake Pool will be opening on May 8th, 2021!
Pool will be opening for the 2021 season on Saturday, May 8th, and will run through Sunday, September 19th. Registration will be required for residents. A letter with additional information on the pool rules, registration process, hours, etc., will be sent via mail and email. We look forward to seeing our community members at the pool beginning May 8th!
As mentioned in our previous update, the decision was made that if weather allowed, the pool closing might be extended until Sept 27th. Well, we have the forecast and it looks lovely! So the Silver Lake Pool closing will now be extended until September 27th. Come to the pool and get in a last swim or two! If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the SL Pool Committee at at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Silver Lake Pool season will be extended by a week with a new close date of Sunday, September 20th; pending having updated weather information available next week, the closing date MAY may be extended further until Sunday, the 27th. Determination of the later closing will be made by the 17th, and the website will be updated accordingly. Please check for updates then.
Guests will be allowed on weekends – as well as weekdays – from this point forward. If you need a guest wristband please reach out to the SL Pool Committee at email@example.com.
Please note that the pool opening time remains the same, but as our hours specify closing at 8PM or dusk, whichever is sooner, the effective closing time will be approximately 7:30.
Finally, following the final pool closing date, the cabana hours will be expanded to 8AM to 10PM.
Again we appreciate all our residents who have made this season a safe and successful one! Please all stay safe and healthy.
We are now about 2/3 of the way through our pool season and have been carefully monitoring both use of the pool and compliance with the special rules we have made during the pandemic. There have been a couple of changes made to the rules and guidelines we want residents to be aware of:
Change to Guest Policy: In the beginning of the season, a “no guest” policy was adopted; anyone who is not a full-time permanent resident of a home in the neighborhood is considered a guest. Based on the usage counts for the pool we have now amended the guest policy to allow up to 3 guests on weekdays (Monday through Friday). Guests are still not allowed on weekends. We ask that residents register for guest bands (which are black) for guests they would like to bring to the pool. Residents should continue to wear their red wristbands whenever they are in the cabana or pool.
Change to Monitors: Beginning Monday, August 17th, we will operate with self-registration and sign-in on weekdays; there will continue to be a full-time monitor on-site on weekends. Please follow these guidelines on weekdays:
- If you are visiting the pool for the first time, we ask that you read the pool rules and guidelines which you will find on the sign-in table, then fill in the registration form with your name and phone number. We also ask that you sign the registration form to acknowledge that you understand and accept the pool rules. Someone from the pool committee will call within 2-3 days to arrange to deliver your pool wristbands directly to you. After registering, please also sign in for your visit on the separate sign in sheet. We are monitoring pool use, so we also ask that you sign out when you leave.
- If you are already registered, please sign in on the sign in sheet. We are monitoring pool use, so we also ask that you sign out when you leave. If you are bringing new guests, please note that on the registration form so we know to provide you your guest wristbands.
Please note that on weekdays we will be sanitizing high touch areas at the pool opening (10 AM) and pool closing (8 PM) only. You will be responsible for making sure you use the provided sanitation station for any additional treatment you wish of high touch areas. Except as noted above, the pool rules and guidelines for occupancy and use remain in force. ALL USE OF THE POOL AND CABANA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NEW CONTACT OPTION: If you have questions or need further direction regarding the pool, please reach out to the Silver Lake Pool Committee at SilverLakePoolCommittee@gmail.com
Pool Closing Date: The final day the pool will be open in 2020 is Sunday, September 13th.
The Silver Lake Community has had a great pool season so far this year and we appreciate all our residents who have made it successful.
PLEASE READ BEFORE VISITING POOL
- All persons who are present within the jurisdiction of the City of Raleigh are required to wear a clean face-covering any time they are, or will be, in contact with other people who are not household members in public or private spaces where it is not possible to maintain social distance or where recommended social distancing practices are not being followed. Noted exceptions are:
- It is not required to wear face coverings during individual exercise outdoors, or while walking or exercising with other people from the same household, as long as social distance from others is maintained.
- In settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, including when obtaining or rendering goods or services, such as the receipt of dental services or while swimming.
- Lost wristbands will be replaced at a cost of $10 per wristband – the cost will be added to your Master Association account
The Silver Lake Pool will be open beginning Thursday, June 18th. Our current plan is to keep the pool open through Sunday, September 13th, 2020, but there may be scheduling changes required by our experience with pool usage, determination of need for (and funding for) the pool monitor and/or any additional Executive Orders from the Governor or directives from the NCDHHS.
The following rules will be in effect in addition to the regular pool rules. These may be subject to change according to guidance as noted above. The Silver Lake Masters HOA Board also may choose to close the pool if rules and guidelines are not being followed.
- Residents only will be allowed into the pool and cabana area – no guests for the time being due to the need to limit occupancy numbers.
- If you, or anyone in your household is currently showing any signs of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 14 days previously, you may not use the pool. Additionally, if you have been in contact with someone showing any signs of COVID-19 or diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 14 days previously, you may not use the pool.
- Homeowners will be asked to show proof of residency, either with a Driver License or received mail such as a utility bill and to acknowledge they have read and understand the rules on their first visit to the pool. They will then be given wristbands which should be worn anytime they are using the pool or cabana.
- The operating hours for the pool will be (until further notice) daily from 10 AM to 8 PM. The pool may close for an hour once or twice a day to clean and sanitize. Cabana hours will be the same as the pool.
- There will be a limit of 2 hours of pool use if there are other residents waiting to access the pool.
- A pool monitor will be on duty to monitor access and perform additional sanitizing of pool and cabana areas as much as possible.
- The number of people allowed in the pool, on the pool deck and utilizing the cabana will be limited according to the state guidelines; those maximums will be:
- 13 in the pool
- 26 on the pool deck
- 9 in the cabana
- There should be no more than 2 people utilizing the bathrooms at a time.
- We request, and highly recommend, that residents wear masks when not in the pool.
- Please maintain the recommended 6 feet of distance from others not in your household.
- Furniture should be sanitized before and after use. Please do not move the pool furniture.
- All “Lost and Found” items will be discarded at the end of the day.
- Do not share items such as food, drinks or pool toys with non-household members.
- One grill will remain available for use in the cabana area during the open hours; we ask that residents who wish to use the grill bring their own utensils and sanitize the surfaces after using. Use of the grill will be at your own risk as well.
- While the Silver Lake Masters HOA board is committed to taking steps to make the pool as safe as possible, some responsibility also lies with the residents of the community; users are responsible for wiping down surfaces, social distancing within the facility as publicly recommended or required, and using personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) in accordance with CDC requirements, or requirements of State of North Carolina, Wake County or the City of Raleigh. Even with enhanced cleaning and monitoring practices, use of the pool is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you have further questions or comments, please contact Jessica or Tom at Omega Management, and they will forward to the board. We thank all our residents for doing their part to make the cabana and pool – and all our neighborhood – a safe shared experience. THANK YOU!
The weather is heating up… and that means pool season is coming soon!
The pool will officially open for the season on Saturday, May 13th.
Note that a “pool attendant” will be on-site this season during traditional busy periods (weekends / major holidays) to help ensure adherence to pool rules and common area guidelines in order to promote a safe, fun environment for all!
The HOA is also planning a community social event in the Cabana on Saturday, May 20th, from 4:30pm – 7:30pm. Grilled fare and beverages will be available from 5-7pm, and we encourage residents to bring a side dish to share! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
The Silver Lake pool will close for the season on Sunday, September 18th.
Since the pool has opened multiple infractions have been observed by various residents. We do not have a lifeguard or pool monitor but if these infractions continue we may need to revisit this as an option. This is a very costly option and will result in an increase in association fees for all residents. The obligation of enforcing the rules and regulations of the pool, cabana and lake for the good of all the homeowners is placed in the hands of residents.
Glassware being used and broken in pool area observed. No glass containers of any kind are permitted in the common areas.
– NOTE: If a glass breaks in the pool we are required to close the pool down in order to drain, clean and then refill. Residents responsible for broken glass will be responsible for all costs for addressing glass cleanup.
Inappropriate swimwear used in pool observed
– Swimmers who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
– NOTE: If fecal matter enters pool we are required to close the pool down in order to drain, decontaminate and then refill. Parents or child supervisors responsible for such incidents will be fully responsible for all costs of addressing cleanup.
– Swimwear must be appropriate. Underwear, street clothes and other workout clothing are not permitted.
Children observed under 12 in pool without adult supervision
– Children under 12 must be supervised at all times within the pool area. Supervising from the cabana area is not suitable.
Marijuana use in cabana reported.
– Please call Raleigh Police for any observed use of illegal substances on the premises.
Vandalism in bathrooms reported
– Please call Raleigh Police for any observed vandalism.
Individuals jumping over fence observed
– Please call Raleigh Police if you observe suspicious activities.
Noise complaints reported
– Please be respectful of neighbors and adhere to local noise ordinances.
– The pool opens at 7:00 AM and closes at 9:00 PM or dusk, whichever is earlier.
– Cabana hours are 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM (midnight).
– Please be respectful of neighbors and adhere to local noise ordinances.
The 2015 swim season is nearly underway at Silver Lake! The pool is scheduled to open this year on Saturday, May 2nd.
Because of community feedback, the pool is opening almost two weeks earlier this year than last… and nearly three weeks earlier than two years ago!
Stay tuned for a Newsletter from Omega with additional details…